Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

❤

Sunday, December 5, 2010

This Is How I Want To Go

I was visiting my friend's daughter Brit over at "Toddler Mania" this morning. This is what was on her sidebar. . . . .

I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with the childrens sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.

-- Marjorie Pay Hinckley

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!

    I was just thinking about you. Hope you are doing well. We have a little dusting of snow and it is very cold. I am sure it is much colder at your house!

    Love, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best things I've
    read in a while!! Love it!!
    I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that! We need to be helping others whenever we can! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and creative. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Laura. But do you think it would be too much to ask if I had good hair, too?

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!