Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

❤

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

EASY BUTTER SWIM BISCUITS

O.M.GOODNESS!!  I just found out about these biscuits yesterday over on Instagram.   I have to say, these do NOT disappoint.  Crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. 🥰

I recommended using an 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch deep baking pan for these butter swim biscuits.  You only need six ingredients to make these delicious biscuits........

*2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used cup-for-cup gluten-free flour)
*1 1/2 cups buttermilk
*½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
*4 tsp baking powder
*4 tsp granulated sugar
*1 tsp salt (I may add 2 tsps next time)

Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a bowl, mix together 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 4 tsp baking powder, 4 tsp granulated sugar, and 1 tsp salt.

Add 1 ½ cups buttermilk to the dry ingredients. If you don't have buttermilk, use one 1 tbsp vinegar to each cup of milk needed - set on counter for 10 mins.  Mix  until combined but don’t over mix. The mixture will look like moist dough.

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 stick (½ cup) of butter and pour into a 9×9 inch square baking pan.  Transfer the moist dough to the baking pan. Spread the dough evenly in a baking pan (it will be slightly covered with butter and it’s ok).  Cut the dough into 9 squares using a spatula or a knife. The dough squared will look like they are swimming in melted butter. 

Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the baking pan from the oven and let the melted butter absorb into the biscuits.  They are so good with garlic-herb butter. Enjoy!







6 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely delicious! I've made a 'cheaters' version before with Bisquick, but I love this homemade version and need to give it a try.

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they really were. I had them last night with my chicken soup! YUM!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey, Cathy~

      They were so good. This is definitely a recipe I will keep close! :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We thoroughly enjoyed them.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!