Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

❤

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Pork Roast

Today I found a pork loin at Food Lion for $5.32, MVP was $1.99 a lb so I took some of our canned vegetables out to make stew. 

I seasoned the roast with garlic powder, onion powder, a little bit of s&p and seared it on all sides in a little olive oil over medium heat. I added about a cup of water, deglazing the bottom of my cast iron skillet, then it was off to a 400* oven for approximately 1 1/4 hours. The meat wasn't quite done so it went back in for another 15- 20 mins. 

Remove the skillet, place on stove or cutting board, turn oven to down to 350*. I drained the potatoes & onions, carrots and green beans, adding them to the skillet, gently stirring them in. This is when I added my stew seasoning packet, nothing fancy, just an inexpensive .39 cent store brand and 2 cups of hot water. Put back in the oven to heat vegetables through. When the veggies were heated through, I pulled apart the pork and mixed it in. 

If gravy/sauce is too thick or too salty, just add some more hot water. Enjoy! 

**stew seasoning contained wheat flour















No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!